So last week we had a ice storm we started losing power Tuesday Night. Luckily my inlaws had power on Wednesday we did not so we stayed up there. Thursday rolled around and no one had power so Neal had to get us a hotel room in Adair not the best room at all pretty crummy for how much we spent but we had heat, water, power , Shower so it was worth it. Friday rolled around still no power, Neal had to go to his Grandpas Masonic funeral and visitation during that time I guess the power came on. So he came up and rescued us from a hotel. We finally went HOME!
Also Friday I had a doc apt. earlier that morning too. sadly part of the hospital had no power so I couldnt get my ultrasound BUT I did get checked. I was 2 cm and baby was low. He did a NST (non stress test) and there was really not alot of contractions I barely could feel them.
Saturday was pretty crummy out windy cold cloudy .. and it was his grandpas Funeral. I was feeling OK. We went up to Elkhorn saw his family, Went out to eat and then got home went to bed.. There was no indication at all that I would go into labor.
THE BIRTH:
Now here we are Sunday the 24th.. I woke up around 8:30 AM to say bye to all the kiddos(except Gabe) and Neal they were going to church. I had some time alone ( Gabe was here but sleeping) and it was quiet. Well I couldnt fall back asleep so I got up got dressed and did my 30 minute wii workout. I got bored and decided to go online. Around 10:30 I posted on Facebook how it would be a good day to have a baby was sunny and nothing to do lol!!!! 15 minutes later I was having Irregular but STRONG contractions they just started out of the blue. I really didnt think I was in active labor . About 11 AM I called Neal at church and said umm I think you better come home and we better head to the hospital. Go figure he was at church lol!!! So he rushed home and we got to the hospital at noon. They checked me I was only 5 cm so I figured I had alot of time. Around 12:30 Blake had breathing issues they put oxygen and had me lay on my left side that was not helping him at all. about 1 PM I was only 9 cm but the doc told me I HAD to deliver right then and there and he had me pushing my cervix kept getting in the way and he had to hold it up . Blake stopped breathing and I had no choice to push as hard as I could. I ended up tearing but he was born healthy ! to find out why it was such a rough delivery he was heads up{not breech}. They said the good thing is if he was heads down I would've probably had him at home or in the car. Blake Thomas was born at 1:10 PM, 6lbs 1 oz and 18 1/2 inches long. He had temperature issues so spent a hour in the nursery to warm up. Then he kept gagging so they stuck a tube to clean out his lungs. All in all hes a great baby spits up alot but very good boy!
We got home yesterday after pretty much a week of not being home and its GREAT the kids are doing well with him ""so far""
Here are some pictures of our boy! I think we like him and will keep him.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=175753&id=656696718&l=655fa2ed76
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, great looking baby!!! Congrats to you, Neil and the entire family.
ReplyDeleteHope everyone stays healthy and happy for the days to come.